Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blurry patterns in Flash from Illustrator file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherbert99

Programmer
Dec 6, 2010
US
Hi, I am using the pattern "Blossoms" that comes with illustrator (located under "Nature Foliage" in the swatch library. I simply have it on as a fill on a vector shape.

In illustrator I can use this pattern and zoom in and it never gets blurry which tells me it's a vector pattern.

My problem is when save this as an ai file and import it into Flash it brings this pattern in as a "jpg" which causes it to be really blurry.

I can't export a swf from Illustrator, I need it to be vector groups in flash.

Any ideas how I can either keep this pattern as vector in flash? Or if that isn't possible is there a away I can increase the resolution of that patterns jpeg in flash so it's not so blurry?

Thanks

In Illustrator you should Expand Appearance on the filled shape until you just have raw vector shapes. You should get a better export after that.

You can also import the .ai file into flash and uncheck any of the setting that allow rasterization.

For something that node heavy however, You probably want to just save for web out of .ai and make a .png at the largest size it will be scene in flash.

Follow me on twitter or just ask me anything. @ask_illustrator
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Very cool that worked perfectly! I'm kind of new to Illustrator and that was confusing me but now it makes sense.

Thanks for helping!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back