Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blurriness on iphone & laptop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I have a customer with an iphone 11 Pro Max and a Dell Inspiron 3558 laptop. She says that her laptop and her phone intermittently and simultaneously become grainy/blurry. Not just in the tele-health app she is using with her patients but on regular web pages. So, I rule out bandwidth right there. She actually switched from one ISP to another to see if that would fix the problem. It did NOT. So, I have absolutely no clue as to what might cause this situation. She does have poor eyesight but she said her husband could see the blurriness and that it also happens on the TV.

Unless it's something cosmic or something like Havana syndrome, I don't see a LOGICAL explanation, troubleshooting strategy or fix. Any ideas? I don't want to make my customer mad and have her go elsewhere, but this is bizarre.

Is she referring to video that might be dropping to lower bitrates when the internet connection weakens?

Could she be taught how to take screenshots on her devices so that she can record when the events happen?

Two people, living in the same home, could be subject to blurred vision from CO poisoning (or similar age-related vision issues). I would not necessarily trust such a small sample size.

She says it's NOT only video content. Like it happens on web pages displaying static content. She told me that a screen shot of the screen does NOT show the blurriness. Very suspicious!

I doubt all of this. And she got mad when I suggested she get a checkup for any type of condition that could cause intermittent blurry vision - and there are conditions that can cause this. She bosses her husband so he probably agreed with her about the blurriness just to have her stop talking. This is now more social commentary than technical problem.

I think I'm going to tell them to find someone else if you she wants to troubleshoot this. I can't talk to her multiple times (for free) and have absolutely no idea how to troubleshoot. Who else would bite this off as a job? I think most people would say it sounds illogical/impossible.

What should I tell her? That there is no known logical explanation that the two devices go blurry at the same time.

Is it possible to record this occurrence of this blurriness on the cell phone as a short video? By another cell phone than the one with the issue, an 'independent' one. Maybe her husband can do it?

This way at least you could see what's going on....

I would say: Take a short video when everything is OK, and another one when all goes blurry

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

That's a decent suggestion. But what if the video "can't record the blurriness". Then I'm dealing with a phantom problem.

I would say - try it yourself first, and see if you can see how sharp the image is on the recording and if that represents the 'good' picture, not blurred. Then you can probably find some blurred images on the Net and try record them and see the difference
[pc1]

---- Andy

But........... What's the point really? Do I have a troubleshooting idea after confirming blurriness? No, I do not. And if I say it's not blurry, then she will be mad. Lose/Lose.

Yeah, I know. But...........
What about if both videos will look OK after she regains her 'regular' vision? Problem solved! And you will be a hero, saving her (or her husband's) 'sanity', maybe...?

---- Andy

So you are saying: have her video with her husband's phone when the laptop and other iphone are blurry. If she looks at the video and says it's blurry and then again later and it's NOT blurry, I have proven the problem to be non-technical. If that's what you mean, you are 100% logically correct.

She will probably find this thread and fire me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back