Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blurred Compaq minitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

orrelljet

MIS
Mar 13, 2001
NL
Anyone help with a blurred S710? I have tried all the general monitor controls, even degauss etc but to no avail...internally there must be something to adjust focus?

Thanks...

3 to 4 reostats located on the side of the CRT. You shouldn't work on that. If you do, you have to disapate the capasitors unless you want to get knocked out or killed from shock. Do that by taking a screw driver across the capasitors and shorting them out. If you don't know what a capasitor is, don't mess around in there, it can hurt or kill you.

If you made it that far pull straight back on the CRT and clean the terminals. Then put it back together and make the adjustments being careful of the high voltage since you need to adjust it while it is on. I'm only warning you because people do get hurt. Probably the same people who check a car battery with a lighter. Good luck, I don't have high hopes you can save the monitor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back