Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BLUETOOTH WITH IP1140E

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERRYPJ

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
US
Will the Bluetooth answer and hangup the call without a handset lifter,the only way that we are able to make it work is to take the handset off the hook and press the line button that is ringing.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

depending on the headset, i had to update the firmware on the 1140 for that function to work (pressing the button on the headset to hangup / pickup line)

What Bluetooth headset would you use

2 different types, an old Motorola (cheapo model) and a jawbone one but i don't remember the models..... but had to have Unistim 4.x firmware so that feature would work.

Thanks I will check the Firmware

Also in the Options of the 1140 IP Phone you will need to set the off hook defalt path to headset.

Don6531

I personally use the Plantronics Voyager Pro + or HD because it can pair with both the 1140E and your cellphone at the same time. It does allow you to answer either one that is ringing by use of the headset control button. If you press the headset button while both are idle the 1140E will go off hook. It also has voice prompts to let you know its remaining battery time after each call and what your pairing status is. 6 hours of talk time per charge.

I used Atom USB headset (Cheaper one). same as Plantronics and it works fine..

Villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back