Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

willisd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2001
GB
I wonder if anyone can advise.

I have a bluetooth laptop, and bluetooth phone. I've managed to get them both working (just), but the problem i'm having is the speed at which the modem communicates at.

Even though the phone has fast data service switched on (i've double checked with orange), when i dial in to the servers at work (bog standard NT), i only have a connection speed of 9.6kbps?

Is this normal?

Hmm, not sure I'm right about this one but... I have it in mind that the limiting factor is your mobile phone signals transmitted to and received from, the telephone network (Orange). Data speeds are slowly going up on the mobile network, but the higher the speed the more bandwidth is required, and the better the signal needs to be to sustain that speed. I'd have to say 9.6Kbps is probably about right...

ROGER - GØAOZ.

I have an ericsson T68 mobile phone and have recently bought a mottorola bluetooth wireless headset.The problem is I can't seem to get to two devices to pair once I have done a discovery from headset to the phone.I enter the passkey no which is 0000 for the headset but it keeps on failing.
What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back