Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth Headset in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrygerry

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
US
I'm running Vista Home Premium, and just recently got a Dell BH200 bluetooth headset as a gift.

My system is bluetooth capable, via the Logitech usb dongle that came with my keyboard/mouse. I am able to get the headset paired with the system without issue. The problem is, after pairing the headset, I'm prompted for drivers... this doesn't seem right!

I did some searching, and found several posts implying that vista's bluetooth profiles were gutted at release... and the headset audio stuff was dumped.

Does anyone know of any third-party drivers I can use? Or maybe some work-around I'm missing?

I tried a work-around using "WIDCOMM Bluetooth Driver 5.1.0.1100" that I read about, and just ended up breaking my keyboard/mouse functionality. Having restored my original drivers, I'm hoping someone has some ideas!

Thanks for any information you can offer up :)

-gerrygerry

"I'm doin' a one-nighter for bitin' Ed the mail man... the guy was tryin' to cast a spell on me... like a wizard or something."
"Are you sure about that?"
"I dunno... maybe he was just wavin' [wavey]..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back