Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BlueTooth for 9641

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwmyers

Technical User
Oct 13, 2011
US
Good Afternoon

Can Bluetooth be enabled on a 9641?
Using the USB?

Yes, it has bluetooth, no you don't need USB to do it.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.
My Bluetooth device is USB.
Can I use the USB Port for BlueTooth?

The 9641G/9641GS has an integrated Bluetooth chip. You can pair any Bluetooth headset directly with the phone.

Not likely - the USB port is for a storage device that can use pictures as a screensaver and possibly (though I've never seen it used) a way to log in to the phone.

Plantronics makes a box, the MDA200, that uses an analog handset port, has a USB port that you can plug a Plantronics (or potentially other...?) bluetooth receiver into, to which you pair a bluetooth headset.

I think their idea is that you can plug in a USB headset to the dock, and use the dock to plug via USB to a PC or analog to a handset. Replace "USB headset" with "USB bluetooth receiver" and theoretically, you should be able to connect bluetooth to the box and analog to the handset.

What type of wireless device do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back