Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bluetooth connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodigital

Technical User
Jun 24, 2007
AU
I am wanting to find out the best language/application to use to program a type of bluetooth connectivity between two applications running on seperate computers. Basically, a user on one computer would enter some information, say a text string. Then when the user hits a button on their computer the application would send that value to a different computer which would be continuously roaming for values coming in from this application. I would also like to have more than one computer sending in values, so there could be possibly 4 seperate computers all sending input to a main server-like computer which would keep track of all the values being sent in. Does anyone have any ideas of how this could be done, or where a good place to start would be??

thanks very much

Why Bluetooth?

Are both computers on the same network? If so, why not use that?

What types of computers are you using and what OSs are they running?

I think the best way to solve your problem is to use a database. PC1 would store data into the database, and PC2 would query the database for new information at a set interval.

Senior Software Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back