Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluetooth between laptop and desktop + internet access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianfo

Programmer
Aug 20, 2002
GB

Hi,

I've just bought a pcmcia Bluetooth card for my laptop so I can use it to connect to my mobile phone and I was wondering if the following would also be possible.

If I bought a Bluetooth adaptor for my desktop PC aswell (win2000 proessional), could I use bluetooth to allow my laptop to access the internet via my desktop's dial up networking connection? (so I don't have to use my mobile for internet access whilst i'm at home.) Is there a way to get the desktop PC to dial an internet connection when the laptop requires it.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Yes is simply the answer. However, what bluetooth adapter did you buy and what bluetooth is on your laptop. It is the interfaces that are different. Bluetooth Serial connection usually on a lan network connection will allow it. If it doesnt, give me more information on what you have. Wireless guru

I decided to take my laptop bluetooth adaptor back in the end so this question is no longer valid. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back