Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blues Printing Purple in Pagemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob777

MIS
Aug 11, 2000
US
Whenever I print a Pagemaker document in color on an hp8500DN color laser printer, my blues print as purple. I'll place the document on another workstation that is the same (both are Mac G4s) and the blues print as blues.<br><br>I went through the various color items, what am I missing. <br>

Perhaps the color management is On on one and OFF on the other machine ?
The CM is assigned to the local PageMaker itself and to the images on a page (document) individually.
The best start is always global OFF.
I assumed you used the same printer.
Otherwise you have to deal with the inherent inaccuracies of printers.

[sig][/sig]

Perhaps you should calibrate your monitor to your printer. Depending on how your monitor is set up will determine what you see on screen. If you are using true color management software your printer should print the color you indicate, however if you are depending on the visual color on your screen, that is not going to register as true unless your monitor is calibrated to your color management system. As far as your monitor knows, red is red, however, your printer when building PMS Red 400 (or whatever) is getting that particular receipe from the color software. Monitor color is RGB, print color should be CMYK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back