Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bluehost losing customer files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulajune

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
Greetings.

When I research, I can't find anything trending about Bluehost losing masses of customer files, so I thought I'd check with you folks. All my files are now gone for both my sites through Bluehost and they claim there are no backups available. I've been paying for Site Backup Pro and SiteLock Domain Security since 2012 and there are NO backups.

Have any of you heard of this or had this happen to you?

Thanks so much,
Paula

Bluehost sucks. I used to be able to run SQL workbench on it and now it is impossible to install. They will not help you with anything. They have built up a false narrative that they are #1 in the industry and that helps them a lot but no to the user.

Dennis Kean

Simplicity is the extreme degree of sophistication.
Leonardo da Vinci

Thank you for answering! I tend to agree with you about the overall company, but at least I should report that a manager got back to me and they will refund me back to 2012 for both Site Backup Pro and SiteLock Domain Security. He agreed that Site Backup Pro is a lame product and they are now replacing it with another system where we can control our own backups. Still automatic, but we can decide which to archive. If I decide to keep my hosting with them, he will give me the new security product free for one year. So this manager was very fair. But I agree Bluehost is overrated. When I looked up best web hosting providers for 2020, they are listed, although when I view posts from individual users, many like you, pan them for one reason or another. Unfortunately, they are also the recommended host for Wordpress.org.

Good-day,
Yes sometimes Bluehost sucks but their client service is pretty good. I'm hosting my two Wordpress websites on Bluehost and I don't think I'll change if I had to create a new one...

Yes, at least the individual employees were responsive. I'm keeping them as my host. Thank you for reinforcing my decision. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back