Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Stop Screen 0x0000007B

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrucker

Technical User
Dec 13, 2003
US
Windows 2000 Pro is giving me a Blue Stop Screen when I try to boot the system. This happened while trying to troubleshoot an internet connectivity problem (symptoms: DHCP Service couldn't be started, no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE reference in registry). I used the Windows 2000 Pro CD-ROM to try to repair the OS, and in so doing somehow created a problem in which (I believe) two Operating Systems reside on a single partition.

I could continue with a full re-installation of Windows 2000 Pro. The system is asking that I decide whether to install a fresh copy on top of the selected partition, or delete the selected partition and go from there. I'm a deer in the headlights at the moment. My biggest concern is the loss of files on the PC hard drive

Ok What u can do is take the Hard drive out use it as slave on another windows 2000 PC, get the files of it, then reformatt and re-install, or if u re-install in a new folder WINNT2 for example then u should be able to get to ur files also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back