Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blue screen, recovery console

Status
Not open for further replies.

shownuff001

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2003
US
I recently got a blue screen stop error on one of my office pc. I was just wondering if anyone knows af any known techniques I could employ to using the recovery console in win2000.

note:

the pc boots and lets me choose a windows profile but no matter what profile i choose or last known good config. It will blue screen with the following error

PROCESS1_FAILURE TO EXECUTE

ANY TIPS ON POSSIBLE RECOVERY PROCESS, BEFORE I BEGIN STANDARD RECOVERY BY REINSTALLING OS ON PRIMARY PARTITION.

Might be helpful to post what blue screen is saying.

Could try recovery console ( - then run chkdsk.

Could try repair reinstall. Boot from 2k install CD and choose NEW installation (NOT repair). It should find your installation and offer to repair it for you (type R to accept this). Now basically goes through install processs, but should leave data, settings and apps intact - looses windows updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back