Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamlee

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have a user using peachtree on an on a NEW NT 4.0 box, This is a new PIII machine upgrading a older PI. All data is stored on a NT 4.0 server.
After loading peachtree, whenever she tries to print a check, she gets the dreaded blue screen telling her in the standard Microsoft format "Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete." then the maching locks up and only a cold start can get her running again.
She went to her old computer, logged in as herself and she was able to print the check. We already tried re-installing Peachtree, but that didn't fix it.
Thanks
Mark

This may not be a directly a Peachtree problem. I have had a similar issue only it was with a new PIII box running Windows 2000 and the software is an Autocad type application called "Solidworks". The user was getting the blue screen that notified "beginning physical memory dump" and then would lock up requiring a reboot to begin again. Write down the entire error message and show it to your computer tech, this will show you where the problem lays. In our case the error message was pointing to a video driver file that was failing. We downloaded an update to the video card and the problem seems to have been taken care of.
Good luck.

I had a similar problem and it was due to an older printer driver. See if there is a more recent driver available and try that.
I did find that Complete 7 was very picky about printer drivers. Complete 8 seems much more stable in that regard.
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back