Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen of Death (Memory Dump) Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldyofclas

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2001
US
Hello,

I have an NT 4.0 Server with Pack 6. Today my server rebooted to the Blue Screen Stop error: KMode Exception not handled message. When I boot the server, I can get to the log on screen and when I log on, it immediately goes to the Blue Screen Memory Dump counter, and it counts up to 100 and it reboots and starts again. I can't get to my desk top. I have attempted to use the last known good but that was not helpful. Please tell me how to get past that screen to my desk top. Is it possible to reset the server back to the day before. Please help!

Thanks,
Aldyofclas

Have you added any new hardware? One of the first things that usually generate is adding new hardware. If so, remove it. Best place to start trouleshooting. Good luck.

No, I have not installed any new hardware. Do you have any suggestions, on getting past this Blue screen so that I can do some troubleshooting. Thanks for your reply.

Aldyofclas

Check the BIOS and that the date is correct. Also check other settings video mem etc.

Hope this helps

Helfenmir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back