Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Screen Error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NashvilleKat

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
US
I have Windows XP. My problem is: when you turn the computer on and click on the owner name it will not boot up it goes to a blue screen error. The message of the error is: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and then below that it will say STOP: 0x00000000A and then some more hex numbers. I have to start the computer in safe mode then go into System Configuration Utility then go to Services and uncheck the Print Spooler box then restart the computer and it will boot up, but you can't use the printer and etc. It will not boot up in Normal Startup & when the Print Spooler box is checked. Need Help Please.

Make sure all the hardware parts are connected correctly and are tight. check your memory and hard drive.

Not always.. Been working in a 200+ server environment for the last year and I've seen more than once this cause by a device driver gone bad. Might be worth checking. It's also suspicious that the print seems to be the device causeing the crash. Try reinastalling the driver, or try printer on another computer. It could also be the Port driver be it USB or LPT

Hey, NashvilleKat:

The Microsoft support site indicates the cause of your problem is likely this:

"Stop error 0x0000000A (Stop 0x0A) indicates that there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error are an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, and incompatible software."

The possible fixes are described in this Microsoft Knowledge Base article (number 314063):

Hope that helps!

NashvilleKat:

Has your PC ever booted to the operating system properly without the BSOD? If it has, then some change is causing the problem. Did you recently add a new hardware device or install new software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back