Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue screen during the boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosciano

Technical User
Jun 16, 2003
IT
Hi,
I have a laptop with Windows 10, but in my work, I still have XP Pro SP3.
Recently the XP gave me a blue screen during the boot after installing a program (STOP: c00021a .... 0x0000034 ...) The error occurred just after the Windows logo, during loading programs (black screen). It did not let do anything. I tried all the options after hitting F8.
I thought It was a good opportunity to definitely switch to the laptop. However, I could not change at the same time the programs of DBASE due the time it would take. So, I bought a software that would allow me to run dbase on Windows, and so it was.

But part of the job did not work, the most important: budgets and invoices in Excel.
The dbase program was connected to Excel through "Existing Connections" in the Excel "Data" tab. Once the budget or invoice was completed it would print out the open Excel models.

The days went by and I could not establish the connection. Given the urgency, I decided that it would be better to return to XP and try to solve the blue screen, but so far, I have not been able to fix it.

Is there someone that could help me to solve my problem of blue screen?
Thanks.
[smile]

Post the full STOP message, or google it.

If it's a fresh install, a blue screen is usually indicative of a hardware issue; could be a bad RAM stick or a bad sector on the hard drive.

The information listed in the STOP will usually tell you what went wrong.

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back