Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blue screen at shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane2003

Technical User
Dec 27, 2003
US
Yesterday I installed a HP 9650 printer on my me machine. It seemed to have gone ok. Last night when I shut my machine down I got a blue screen saying windows, an error has occurred press enter on ctl+alt+del to restart with the following: file name: vmm(01) + 000097be error: 0d : 0028 : c000a7be.
I have uninstalled the printer. I have gone back to a previous(several days ago) copy of the registry and still receive the same message.

Has anybody seen this file name in the message before and what can I do to resolve it. Thanks

Sounds like it might not be the printer then. You could also try system restore to rollback your os.

I'd do a complete virus/spyware scan to start with, and look at what programs you don't need running on bootup by launching msconfig.

Matt J.

thanks. I have narrowed it down to a usb2.0 hub. when connected everything connected to it works, but I now get the blue screen on shutdown. If I disconnect the hub I get a normal shutdown. I'm now sure what to do next.

yeah, i have the same problem with ours, except not the same error code.we ran all the spybot stuff and the blue screen appears less often now.however,it usually occurs when a program crahes whilst being used.i.e wors, msn,internet.i havent found a complete remedy for this problem yet. anyhelp appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back