Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue screen after attempting to load XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonedice

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Could some1 plz help me.
Upone loading my new pc (XP 2200, MSI KT400, 768 DDR RAM etc), Windows XP Pro begins to load but then the blue screen appears with the following error:
File: PartMgr.sys (It also gives all sorts of other info about the base the error is fuond in etc)
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA
It also suggests that recently installed ahrdware should be uninstalled etc etc.
I can only get my computer to load in safe mode!
Ne ideas?
/Poisonedice

What DDR of RAM are you using?

If you are using DDR400 RAM, MSI's website specifies that no more than 2 DDR400 DIMM's can be used at one time.

Let me know...

Cheers!

Incase the driver PartMgr.sys is the cause you could try this procedure to replace it.

315241 - A Stop: 0xc000026C or Stop: 0xc0000221 "Unable to Load Device Driver" Error Occurs When You Start Windows XP

Do you have CD burning software like Nero installed, somewhere I read making sure you have the latest patches fixed it.

Thanks edemiere (MIS), but I am only using two DDR ram sticks ne ways so even if it was 400 it shudnt matter right .. i have one 256 DDR Ram & one 512 DDR Ram stick both are pc2700 333mhz

Linney, I have Roxio Easy cd creater 5 installed, the issue could lie with this software I guess, cd's are copying fine
Link isn't loading.
Ill get more information from the blue error screen so you have more info to go on, it gives loadsa other codes etc.

Thanks for your help,
Please bare with me =)

Ok I have done a check disk in DOS and it found errors on my harddrive. I hope that the whole hard drive isn't corrupt or doesnt have any physical damage, reformating will be no use as I have done it so many times alrdy but it hasn't really ever helped.

Go to the drive manufacturer's web site and download their diagnostic software for the drive. Typically, this will create a bootable floppy image. Boot from that and do a destructive low-level format/re-certification. If it cannot pass that test, it is time for an RMA. Write down any error codes displayed during the diagnostic test.

I actually went into the retail giants close to me similar to Best Buy. They came with XP Optimizing solutions.DO NOT attempt to do it yourself-to many annoying things such as cleanmaker.exe, eventually all my files were erased. Need someone to open the box itself, reinstall all the drivers, then the cd's. Unbelievable for a do it yourself!
Diana Tulchinsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back