Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Locator Light on on the x336 8837 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
If anyone has the x336 1u xeon server that has the light path diagnostics panel, would you happen to know how the blue locator light gets illuminated? I don't know how to shut it off and certainly don't know how it got turned on. I reinstalled the OS a couple times for other reasons but that didn't do anything. I reset the bios as well. I am sure it has something to do with the management console but I am not using that. If you can help, thanks... IBM isn't any help yet, I need to escalate the call and we'll see what they say.

Stevenriz- The bluelight is activated from the IBM Director
Management Computer, start the program and look for your machine then right click on it and goto bluelight and turn off.[pipe]

Hi is it as easy as loading a program or so I need to configure the entire management "system"? I briefly looked into this and it seemed like I needed to install lots and configure lots which is where I told myself that turning off a silly blue light isn't worth all that setup and configuration time. Hopefully I'm wrong... Maybe just removing the bulb will work ;)

Blue light I have seen comes on when you have a RSA card installed and it only comes one in boot up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back