Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blue Border instead of red when i copy and paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokerDude422

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
US
Whenever I copy and paste something in indesign, the borders around everything like the text boxes and photos turn blue instead of white. Its not that big of a deal until it comes to stacking stuff on top of other stuff and transparencies where it gets messed up. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?

Don't really understand the question - headed "blue border instead of red" - but question says you get blue border instead of white. If you paste something into the first layer it should have a blue box. I don't know how you would get a whire border unless you made one.

Blue is the default color for showing varioous boxes in the main layer. Red is the default for showing boises on the second layer. Green is for the third, etc. These can be changed when you create a new layer or by clicking on the flyout menu of the layers window and selecting the "layer options"

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

yeah sorry about that i meant to say red instead of white. I will try that out because i did not know that indesign had layers to be honest. I always just stacked stuff by using move forward and backward so ill check that out tommorow and see if that fixes my problem

Once you discover the power of layers you will never look back, or have trouble selecting an object within a stack. Layers are your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back