Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Unwanted Inbound Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechjet

MIS
Mar 4, 2010
US
I have been asked by my management to find out if there is a way of blocking inbound numbers (bogus calls) on the HiPath 4000 PBX. I found out there is an AMO command ‘CLIMA’ and was wondering if anyone has used it and how to set it up. Any assistance would be helpful. Thank you.

My biggest problem is the bogus callers never call from the same faked number twice, so it's hard to set up the table.

You must use AMO CLIMA to borrow some storage space from AMO LDPLN. All the dial plans in the world probably would not fill the memory dedicated to LDPLN; therefore some space is available to be used by CLIMA. It takes several AMO CLIMA commands to setup the AMO CLIMA memory storage.

Next, you setup the CLIMA tables - based on either Direct Inward Dialing (DDI - the number that was dialed by someone, which is now an incoming call to the HiPath 4000) or Calling Line Identification (CLI - the "ANI" or Caller ID number of the calling party). The 4000 can "match" on either DDI or CLI. When a match is made, that specific call can be rejected, or re-directed, or accepted.

The trick is that all participating trunk groups must have special new COT values added. PRI may be the only supported trunk type at this time, and it must be a "real" ISDN PRI - not a SIP Trunking gateway being converted to ISDN PRI.

I posted a configuration help file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?aw9ab45941y47y9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back