Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking senders 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

webway

Technical User
Apr 22, 2007
GB
Is there a way of blocking certain incoming email addresses and/or email domains as they come into exchange, anything like the junk filter on outlook. I have the spam level set quiet high but I still get them delivered to my pc and mobile etc.

If spam is a real problem, consider a UTM device to take care of the spam before it hits your server. it will lighten its load and be more accurate and effective at cleaning it up.

We use Untangle in the office
I have Sophos UTM at home
Watchguard also make good firewalls with UTM subscription services.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

If you are going to use native Exchange tools, it's better to just lower the SCL threshold in the Content Filtering section, as that will be more aggressive about spam.

My personal favorite approach is to use a hosted mail-hygiene service like McAfee, Reflexions or Postini that scrubs the mail before it is routed to your entwork. That way, like a UTM device, your server doesn't have to deal with it, plus neither does your local network pipe. But we all like to spend our budgets in different ways.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back