Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking P2P application ports such as Limewire, Kazaa

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvyuser

Technical User
Apr 26, 2004
PH
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask if some of you here were already encountered on blocking P2P application from downloading to other sites. I've already added port 6346 both on TCP and UDP in to my firewall both in/out but to no avail because, it hops until it finally finds port 80. I'm using ISA Server 2000 as my firewall.

Any thoughts? Thanks

There was a recent thread on this it might be worth a look.

thread931-1288513

You might be able to use some more advanced filtering with ISA it might be worth posting in the forum forum802

When you are the IT director, it's your job to make sure the IT works. If it does work they know already and if it doesn't, they don't want to hear your pathetic excuses.

Thanks... I made a policy that limewire exe's as well its dependencies direct links are specified on Don't run windows applications. For now, it looks okay while waiting for the IT security policy to be approved from GM.

Thanks for the reply....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back