Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking or Allowing Certain Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky29280

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
Hi,
I am working with a small Call Center in India and we have 100 agents. We have a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition DC Server and Windows XP SP2 as client machine for the agents.
We are using Always on Broadband connection, I have configured a RRS on Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition from where I have routed the Internet Connection to all the client Machines.
I have created an OU for the agents on DC. There are 3 OU on DC 1. for Calling Agents, 2. Managment Person & 3. for Tech Support.
Now I want to block some certain websites for Calling Agents so that we can save our Banwidth & can use in some other operation.
Is there anyway to do so only for that OU.
I have tried through OU properties and then from Gruop Policy Tab but I can not enable the content setting for all the users of that OU from DC Server.

Please help me

Regards,
Sid

You will need some form of proxy/filtering appliance. These appliances can be linked to AD so that users,members of a group, or OU(check the appliance documentation) will be associated with a policy you setup to allow or disallow whatever. So as an example, you could have a shipping group and members of that group would only be allowed to browse websites from UPS, FEDEX, USPS, DHL, etc...

Check out the "Proxy Server Discussion" group here at Tek-Tips and if you have a firewall appliance already like from Sonicwall, Watchguard, IBM, etc... they might have something already built in or available as an add on module to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back