Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

blocking internal clid 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Technical User
Feb 9, 2007
DM
Hi all ,

the boss at this office wants to be able to call any extension without his name or number showing up on that person's clid display
How do I go about getting this done please.
Avaya ip office 9.0 500 v2
thanks much

You don't, it doesn't do that....tell him to take himself less seriously :)

Loop his highness' calls on a BRI card, then you can manipulate/hide the CLI.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

he most likely doesn't want people calling except for his personal assistant so put him in dnd and add his assistant to the dnd exception list. Then she will be the only one that will be able to call him.

I'm guessing he's so unpopular, nobody picks up when his name shows up in the display[smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Make an unassigned user, program a button on the boss's set to log in as that user and then he can make his call, then have a button on the phantom user to log in as the boss again.

Qz

coming from a meridian option 11 / cs1k background , that would have been very easy to configure unto the set.
Is this possible? what do I have to do so that the outgoing clid to other users within the same avaya IP office won't show up on the called extension's display.

Please don't ask the same question again as though you hadn't already been answered, asking several times doesn't change the answer :)

Tell him it is only possible if he buy:
Another IP500v2, a Combo card, a essential edition license, a networking license for each system.
Then the need dissapears as snow for the sun....

Bridge appearance keys with another extension named 'not the boss'.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

Tell him to call from his cell phone and block his caller ID there
I guess he is not very popular, not in this thread and possibly not in his company if he pulls things like that

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I have seen this in several installs I did in Turkey and it is a cultural issue and I don't oppose against it, as said it is common in these countries and locally accepted.
In all cases a second system was installed only for the CEO and his/her personal staff.

Wouldn't this be possible using vm pro?

Setup a hotdial to vm pro, generate dialtone en block the display information?

No, if transferred it will still show caller ID & name.
The only option for the CEO in not being called is to set his phone permanent on DND with only those user(s) who may call him added to the DND exeption list.
For external calls just add 0N or 9N or whatever a external call starts with or create a shortcode for it like SC = *99 TN = TheCEOinternalNuber Action = Dial Physical Extension by Number LineID = 0 and use *99 as the target, make sure no one else can dial that code using user rights.

Could it work by creating a dummy user with a silly name then giving the boss a bridged appearance for that user, which they press to dial out from?

| ACSS SME |

Funny thing,

We are talking days about this question. Now let's say we find a solution.

So then the boss is able to make internal calls anonymous.

He is probaply the only one that is gonna do that..

So, each internal call showing 'Anonymous' is a call from the boss. And everybody is gonna know that.

What is the point here?

Easy fix, have ICR or VMPro put in "Lottery", "Elvis Presley" or "Jesus Christ" in the Tag -> Nobody can resist that, even if they been fooled before.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Use twelf spaces as a name and give him a excisting number with a added 1 like group 200 "Main" and the boss' number becomes 2001.
If he calls someone there is no name and if they try to call his number they end up in group 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back