Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking incoming call

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyclear

Technical User
Mar 30, 2015
US
I do have the # and without having to contact the phone company how can I block an incoming caller on IP Office R8.1

Thanks

If you know the number then add an incoming call route with the CLI (plus the prefix) in the CLI field.
Send the call to a nice voicemail module or just nothing.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Put in something like this if you have VMPro: You are number $COUNTER1+1 in the queue
Or for Embedded: You are currently moving backwards in the queue.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Adding the number to the incoming call route, didnt work. Tested with my cell phone and I was able to call in

ok here you go, on the incoming call route add a * to the incoming number, then on the incoming cli add the number that you want blocked, make sure you have the correct incoming id for the route

all you should need to do is put in the line group then the cli number (callers number) then the feature would be a short code created for barred.
Mike

smokinjoe2938, that works. I guess what this is doing is saying any inbound call that matches this # is directed to voicemail or null whichever I prefer. Nifty. Is any of this documented anywhere by any chance?

You can get the infos in the documentation part of ICR. The challenge is how to combine the options you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back