Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking inbound calls on extn from specific number

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarunGanjir

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2024
IN
pls help in restricting inbound calls on extns. from specific numbers & allowing from only one particular number.

also , we don't ANI/II-Digits licenses to restrict from vector.

we are using CM version R015x.02.1.016.4

We had similar but we added the DDI to the incoming routing to go to a VDN instead of the station, in the Vector just check a VRT for match and if there is one disconnect else route on to the station, obviously just add the number(s) you don't want to the VRT.

Seems I'm unable to make you understand my problem.

we are using same PBX & same one PRI for all the extns , out of which only 10 extns needs incoming from specific PSTN number XXXXXX & restrict calls from other PSTN numbers.

restricting on PBX level or PRI level will impact other extns also.

pls suggest how I can overcome my problem.

Oh, so that's the complete opposite problem: You want to limit 10 extensions so that they can only receive calls from one specific number, blocking incoming calls from all other numbers. Is that correct?

I have set up "Management" VDNs and Vectors that check for passwords. Callers are prompted "Please enter your security code" and enter 6 to 8 digits. If the entered digits match the password, the vector proceeds. Any wrong password drops the call. This method is useful if you don't necessarily know which manager will need to call in to change a weather flag or other other item from a list.

But if you can't check the ANI in a vector then you're stuck.

Although... You could set these 10 extensions in a unique COR, 555 for example. On the COR used for the trunk, disable access to 555. No PSTN calls should be able to reach these 10 extensions at this point.
Now, set up your restricted COR 666 to have access to 555 and use EC500 to assign your allowed PSTN number to a station with that COR. I *THINK* this will stop all incoming PSTN calls from reaching these 10 extensions but will allow the one specific PSTN number.

I'm not confident in that method but it may be worth a little experimentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back