Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking clid on a isdn PRI trunk enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

afortunato

Technical User
Sep 9, 2006
US
i want to block CLID information from a Meridian 61C PBX- I want the far end to see Private call or Unknown, I have tried to do thru the CO but they keep saying that due to the type of switch they have it need to be addressed at the pbx. I have tried removing all info in the clid table and then it send a general number. Please advice me if there are any tricks.

the trick is at the provider level.. if the provider is looking at your clid then you can change it.. if they are inserting your main number, they need to stop that and read the number you send.. they don't get to chose, you do...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I am a Nortel DMS-500 programmer... when we build our translations in the switch we tell the switch to look at what you are sending from the pbx. If the CLID is not restricted we pass it on. We can always see the CLID info at the CO by trapping the d-ch messages or looking at ss7.
If the pbx has restricted the number then the switch will simply send out that the number is restricted. The called number will receive private or unknown number. So, in short it is the callers responsibilty to tell the CO the number is restricted. Bottom line look thru the opt 61c features.. you will have to dial a code like *xx(star XX).
The option 61 will then mark the number restricted on the ISDN setup message. Removing the CLID info will not restrict the CO from sending out the Billing Telephone Number. That is why the caller needs to tell the CO it is restricted. Now if you really want to pay telco $$ for a change order then yes they can restrict it. But most wont because you will not be able to call a bunch of 800 numbers and long distance because other telecos restrict calls that do not have the billing or clid info on them.
800 is a perfect example as the teleco bills the calls by where they were originated. If the billing info is not on there they are not going to let it thru. Especially if the customer who order the 800 number has regional service.

We can always see the CLID info at the CO by trapping the d-ch messages or looking at ss7.

not all switchman at your level seem to know that.. case in point, we have 8 pris to the main street office and 2 to another co for redundency.. the people at that site can't retransmit our clids? they send the main billing number. the dms that is programed right looks at our clid and gives us ss7 lookup..

in the pbx side we should not have to tell the user to dial a spree code plus ffc in as much as we have a clid table that if entry 0 is default sends the same field as a blocked clid.. we seem to agree, not all switchmen care to do the type of work you provide..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back