Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janetsy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2007
US
Greetings all...

Is there any way to block caller ID info to our outgoing calls ? We are in a hospital environment, and when nurses call patients, they are getting the private extensions of these nurses from caller ID and calling them back instead of calling the main hospital number. Is it possible to make a phone stop sending caller ID info or is that a Verizon thing ?

Or if you want to block it per call, you can setup your CPP and CPPO (FFCs) in LD 57.

CPP *67
CPPO *82

You can also set up your CLID table to send out the main hospital number, or if they have different numbers for patients to call back on it can send that out.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I like the CLID table idea. Is that a somewhat simple thing to do ? How can I define a number to send out in the CLID table ?

Thanks John, I don't why I forgot to mention the CLID, because that is how I do it here.

I think I am hungry and better go get a bite.

You can see what is there already by going to ld 21

Ld 21
req=prt
type=clid

that will show you entries you have, pay attention to the entry number on each if more than 1.

to change them is ld 15

REQ: CHG
TYPE: NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID YES
SIZE
INTL
ENTRY X<--------
Where X is the table you want to change or add