Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking Caller ID for one user in CUCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazzbut

Technical User
Oct 9, 2003
GB
What is the best way to block a user sending their caller Id when they make calls to the pstn?

I'm looking at Calling Transformation Patterns but it doesnt seem to work. Im unsure which partition the Transformation pattern should be placed in. If I place it in the same partition as the users Directory number I get a duplicate error. Im also not sure if I should enter the users internal directory number or their external phone mask in the transformation pattern.

Has anyone done this before and can clarify?

Cheers!

If you are talking specific users and not the whole building, you can try playing with "External Phone Number Mask" in the phone Directory Number Configuration, about 3/4 of the way down the page. Depending on the way you are set up, this can be set to put out any number you wish, so you can set the main number to the building for example.

I found the best way to do this looks to be by using a separate CSS for any users who wish to restrict their caller id and then copying the partitions from the unrestricted CSS and adding an extra partition that contains translation patterns which match the route patterns but restrict the caller id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back