Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking an Inbound DID Call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hskrdean

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2008
US
We have a person calling our receptionist through our DID range. How would I go about blocking that person's ANI (routing to a busy, etc) if these calls are not going through our CCMS?

If you have symposium, you can write a script to do it, otherwise you will probably be relying on the telco to do it, that may be a monthly expense with some providers.

It's all pointless because they will just start blocking caller ID...then what will you do.

It's easy to get a police report - then you can call the telco and have them handle it.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

True... but is there a way to do it?

At the site I'm at we had abusive fax's from 1 number coming in. police weren't interested so we used CC6 to deal with it (as posted above)
works well. simple script, took a few minutes to setup

Someone oughta do a FAQ on this - I don't know the script - but the question is asked so often I'm certain the FAQ would get rave reviews.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

As usual GH bravo. This topic comes up more than hardware issue questions it seems, lol

I received an email off-line, with this content:

[tt]

You can handle this multiple ways. Here is an example of how we use it.

This is part of our blocked callers script.

GIVE RINGBACK
WAIT 2

Section Blocked

IF (CLID = Blocked_CLID_gv) THEN
DISCONNECT
ELSE WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE XXXX (CDN number): ROUTE CALL XXXX (DN number)
DEFAULT: ROUTE CALL XXXX (DN of wherever you want it to go)
END WHERE
END IF
ROUTE CALL 0
QUIT

Remember, global variables can have only a max of 50 something entries,
so you may need multiple global variables if you have a lot of numbers
your wanting to block.

Its up to you on how you get your calls into symposium. If your trying
to block people from calling your CEO, create an entry in IDC that will
translate his DID to a CDN that is pointed to symposium, then the call
runs through the blocked CLID list, which in turn will then disconnect
the call or route it on.

Again, there are endless ways you can accomplish this. It all depends on
what exactly you are attempting to do. Hope this helps a bit.

[/tt]

The sender is working on getting subscribed here, and may work on a FAQ some time.

things like spoof card really throw a wrench into the script idea, that's why I've never bothered. Like you suggested, police report, and getting telco involved is far easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back