Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking all sites bar a few on IE5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

squarry

Technical User
May 6, 2002
AU
Could someone please help, I've recently put a number of computers online with DSL connections for a business system that utilises email to send retrieve orders etc.. I wish for the computers to have access to only a few websites, for example weather or news, is there a simple program that allows me to set this up on Windows 98se machines?
Thank you

Hi

If you are using Internet Explorer and you know the addresses of the web sites you want to allow you could enable the Content Advisor by going to
Tools -> Internet Options and click on the content advisor tab. From here you can set all of the sliders to 0 (thus alllowing no sites) and then move the approved sites tyab where you can add the addresses of the sites you want to allow. You will also be propmted to enter a password so the users cannot change these settings.

Hope this helps

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

TSSTechie
Wonderful! That worked perfectly. Thanks for the helpful tip.
Best wishes.

Hi

This only workes in Internet Explorer (there is probably something similar in other browsers but the above instructions won't work on these). This should work in any version though so if you are using IE then it won't make a difference in 2000.

Hope this helps

[lightsaber] May The Force Be With You [trooper] [yoda]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back