Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking 911 by phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igymann

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2004
US
How can I block a user calling 911 by phone?

Do I just lower their NCOS?

In what state? I'm in California

yes a lower ncos might work, what else are you willing to block.

here's the path.

prt
net
ac1
spn
911.. that would be normal if you set up for 9,911. if your set up for just 911, then your routing 11. 911 may be entered as a nxx, some people get lazy and take short cuts.

after you print that, you'll see a the rli

ld 86
prt
rlb
rli x

that will give you a couple of things, the route, and the frl.. if your ncos/frl has standard mapping, that's all the info you need to make a change..

if the frl is 2, any station ncos 2 or above can make the call. if you change the cls to fre, you can block all 9 plus calls. read ace's post very close, you may have legal problems if you have a disaster, fire etc with phones blocked. i have done it for customers, but they posted warning as to internal only phones.. it was a mill, and most phones were blocked. we have phones on almost any system that are internal only, and i haven't heard of a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

oesn't make any difference what state, I believe Federal law requieres it. I could be wrong but I would check before I blocked 911. You could be heal personnaly libel for and problems of someone not being able to get help.

federal law might regulate interstate commerece. the feds do not regulate local dialing patterns, that is from a fcc web page. i have installed 1000's of courtsey phones, that are either totally blocked, inbound only. or inhouse. wonder if the feds are going ot show up and arrest me for all the elev phones i have installed that are ring downs to the att or security?, can't dial 911 on those either. in fact in this hospital 911 gets a recording. 9 911 will ring security

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You guys are absolutely right on the lawsuits.. A quick scenario....

Your spouse or family member has to work the late shift and is starting to have a heart attack. But she has to get to the receptionist phone for them to dial 911.

That person didn't make it.

A suit would definitely be in place.

I need to block 350 IP phones that are connected to my Call Center in Mexico.
Thanks john I'll check it first thing monday morning.

I know that in order to dial 911 you dial 9,911.

Thanks,

stuff happens, most plants have a plan for that, or allow 911, also a problem with getting er help inside a plant late at night.. i don't happen to be a lawyer, i do know in the world i program in, some very large plants, 9-911 or 911 go to security. they call and give access to er help from a 1fb.. some of these places have staffs of lawyers and we have disclaimers for users to sign, but it's a common practice for plants with in house er depts.. i do agree if someone dies because they can't dial 911 or afford a cell phone, someone is going to get sued.. i enter data per users request and i do explain the problems they may run into. the ffc does not force all phones to be turned up to 911, maybe it should

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i have a hospital with a 61c, they had me block 911 on everything... i had them sign a form....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back