Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocking 911 and 9,911 Using Pretranslation (ESA in place) 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHTROUT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2005
US
I have a phone that must be restricted from calling 911 - public authorities have told us to do this. It is the patient use phone in a psych ward. The phone is next to the 24 hour nurse station.

We have ESA, using 911 as the ESDN, and we have SPN 911 that LTER=YES the call back to the ESDN.

I cannot figure out what the LD18 SCL for this should look like. I pretty much have to allow any calls, except 911 and 9,911

Does someone have an example of how they did this?.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Maybe make it CLS MNL to call the switchboard everytime the handset is picked up? OR perhaps a Hot Dial to a specific number everytime it goes off hook? Good problem!

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

If you can spare two trunks, you could make an additional customer and put the patient use phone in it. You could then define the EDSN for that customer as the nurse station or a RAN. The CDP changes should be pretty straight forward.

Jim

My first thought was in fact to build Customer 1 - and I did that, feeding Cust 1 COTs from Cust 0 500 ports. I built a mini BARS in Cust 1, with SPNs 1-9, omitting SPN 0 and DENY of 1,1 and 9,11

I guess my confusion was that this was possible with Pre-trans, but I do not think it is - "if the phones still need to dial everything else but 911" I even asked Fletch - but I failed to tell him these phones still need to dial Grandma's house.

The other restrictions take place on the Cust 0 ports. For example, 9,1900 is restricted in Cust 0 so I do not need to build that into Cust 1.

[tt]>ld 90
ESN000

REQ prt
CUST 1
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE all

SPN 1
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
DENY 1

SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

SPN 2
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 3
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 4
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 5
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 6
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 7
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 8
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

SPN 9
FLEN 0
CLTP NONE
RLI 1
DENY 11

DENY 1

SDRR DENY CODES = 2
ITEI NONE

REQ
[/tt]

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

This is how I solved the same problem a while back.
It starts with pretranslation but uses SPNs with ARRN.
The only dodgy part is that it requires a dummy SPN that can be dedicated and never be required for any other purpose. There could be a workaround for that, maybe using CDP, but I wasn't able to work that out when I dreamt this up. ARRN's are perfect for this kind of thing but unfortunately only work with SPN's. If anyone has a better solution I'm interested.

Create two new DMI tables (I am using 94 and 95 but you can use whatever is available).

>ld 86
REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT dgt
DMI 94
DEL 3 <- For allowed calls this will delete the dummy SPN and route the call back through BARS
INST
CTYP

REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT dgt
DMI 95
DEL 4
INST 3600 <- the DN that “blocked” callers to go to when they dial 911
CTYP

Create two new RLB’s:
REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 94 <- This is for allowed calls
ENTR 0
LTER yes
DMI 94

REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 95 <- This is for blocked calls.
ENTR 0
LTER yes
DMI 95

Now add a dummy SPN. This will be a number that is unlikely to ever be dialed after dialing 9. I used 905 which is an area code that is long-distance to the switch's area code of 613. Callers dial 9-1-905-xxx-xxxx and it's unlikely they will ever need to dial 9-905-XXX-XXXX. This means we can keep the NPA 1905 but use 905 as an SPN for our special purpose.

>ld 90
ESN000

REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE spn

SPN 9059 <- This is the number inserted by pretranslation
FLEN
RLI 94 <- most calls are re-routed back through BARS normally
SDRR arrn
ARRN 11
ARLI 95 <- 911 calls are routed to the DN in RLI 95
ARRN 911
ARLI 95 <- 9-911 calls are routed to the DN in RLI 95
ARRN
SDRR
ITEI

So the SCL that is attached to your XLST should look like this
SCNO 0094
TYPE SCL

DNSZ 16
SIZE 10
STOR 0
STOR 1
STOR 2
STOR 3
STOR 4
STOR 5
STOR 6
STOR 7
STOR 8
STOR 9 99059

Hey everyone! Just stopping back in to say Hi! Good to see many of the same faces still here!

When I saw GHTrout show up on my cell phone, I knew sh*t must have hit the fan someplace! ;-) Interesting thread, and I am very impressed with the ingenuity being applied!

Hope everyone has been well!

Fletch
Chief Architect WW Public Safety Solutions

Wouldn't it be easier to just assign an ERL to the phone and program the ERL to an RLI that local terminates to a specific extension or to a route that has no members?

We did this with a group of phones that had several misdials to 911 (even with misdial prevention turned on) added a new ERL and pointed 911 and 9911 to an RLI set to Local Terminate and used a DMI to route the calls to a call pilot application that told them they were about to be connected to the 911 operator. That cut down on the misdials pretty quickly.

It is Rls 4.0 - so that is not an option yet. Once we upgrade, this will be easier, but the problem exists today.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Could you manipulate an FRL to allow 911 that allows all phones to call it, but change the restriction on this phone to block it?

FRL does not apply to ESA calls. 911 is not really a BARS number (you do not need to dial 9 before ESA 911). Anyone can dial the ESA number.

When you add 911 to BARS, you are doing it to allow 9,911 and you tell it to terminate internally (LTER=YES) on the ESA number.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back