Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocked E-mails Reappearing in the Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

horna

Programmer
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have blocked many Domains & Addresses, using the "Block Mail from Sender" Opion, under Preferences. It has worked great for a very long time, but now all of a sudden, I am starting to get formally blocked e-mails, back into my Inbox. And when I try and block them again, of course, I get the message that this e-mail is already blocked.
What happens? How do e-mails begin to show up again, in my Inbox, that are on the blocked list, in my Rule?
Thank you very much for your assistance.

What version of Notes? I recall there being some issues with the block list in early v8 and maybe even 7.0.2 (I'm running 8.5, BTW).

Unforturately, we are still on 6.5.5. I did find some notes the gave the following solution:
"Mark all your rules and disable them. Then ensure that your junk mail rule is the first one in the sort order. After correcting the sort order, mark all rules again, and enable all rules again."
BUT I already have the blocking mail Rule, as my first Rule. I will try just disabling and enabling, to see if that works. All of our users work from a local copy, replicated from the server.
Thanks again for your help.

One thing to remember about rules - never delete them outright, always disable first then delete. I have no clue why this works this way, but what happens is the rule appears to be deleted but will actually still be active - this is the infamous "ghost rule" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back