Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blocked Area Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hello--I have searched and read related posts regarding this problem but some of the replies exceeded my scope of knowledge with the Meridian system. A user gets a fast busy signal every time he dials a number with a 571 area code. I printed the NPA list for 571 and it looks the same as other area codes that do work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

LD 90
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2708021 USED U P: 229252 93766 TOT: 3031039
DISK RECS AVAIL: 1152
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE npa

NPA 1571

NPA 1571
RLI 1
DENY 976

SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE

LD 80
ORIG TN 025 0 00 07 KEY 0 SCR MARP CUST 0 DN 9105 TYPE 3904
TERM NONE
TDTN 0 SLOT 10 PTY SLOT 10
DIAL DN 815714206864
MAIN_PM REOR
TALKSLOT NONE
EES_DATA:
NONE
QUEU DIAL
CALL ID 0 43

AUX NARS

Is AC1=8 ?

Notice the user dialed 8.

8 is often AC2. You requested AC1 in your LD90 printout.

You can see the AC1 and AC2 is LD86

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT ESN

Then, you can see what is in AC2 if you enter it in your LD90 print.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

1. Can he dial all other LD numbers?
2. Have you tried to call this number from your phone/another phone?

Trying to determine if it is a system problem or a phone problem.

Thanks to all for your responses. I should have mentioned this before, "8" is our outside line number since all of our extensions begin with "9".

We have tried to dial the number from other telephones with the same fast busy signal result.

Area code 571 was added to Northern Virginia after they started running out of telephone numbers. This is the first time I have heard of a problem with that area code. The predominant area code is 703.

Do other NPA's use the same RLI? Have you tried calling this specific number from a cell phone to see if it goes through? Can you dial 815715551212 and get through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back