Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Unsafe Expressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTBC

Technical User
Nov 19, 2003
US
XP Pro SP2/Office 2003
I am trying to set Access 2003 so that it gives a simple 'yes/no' prompt for whether I want to Block Unsafe Expressions. When I open a database I receive a message saying that I need Jet 4.0 SP8 or later to do this. When I try and install Jet 4.0 SP8 I am told that this isn't necessary because I am running a more recent version already.

Any ideas please guys?

Just an idea:

Search for and download the newest MDAC package--it's a larger package that includes the JET engine. I think the newest version is 2.8 (but I could be wrong).

FYI the block unsafe expressions dialog can be disabled per-machine by going to Tools->Macro->"~Security" or something similar.

I have the same problem. I tried to install MDAC but an error message occurs saying that MDAC is in the product I use and can not be installed seperately.

Also there is no option "Security" from the menu
tools->macros! (I also have Windows 2000 with Office 2003 SP1 and indeed there is an option security under Tools->Macros)

I just had to Right click a toolbar, select Customize. In the dialog, select Toolbars, then Menu Bar (I think it's the menu bar), and hit Reset.

Then go to Tools->Macro->Security and choose low security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back