Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block the Program Close Box "X"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwrgek

Technical User
Sep 30, 2003
US
Is there a way to prevent users of an access database from closing access with the "X" box and force them to use the exit button on my form?

Hi!

Yes there is. But just a little warning, hiding the "x", won't do any good, the users will still be able to use CTRL+W, CTRL+F4, ALT+F4 to close.

The only "safe" way I know of, is described in mstrmage1768's faq702-1870.

Check out the Access fora, you'll find some of them in the "Related Forums" box at the right.

Roy-Vidar

If your users are not savy enough to think of the other ways besides clicking "X", then you can disable it by going into the form properties in design view. Thought I'd offer you the solution you asked for. RoyVidar is right though. If you have savy users, they will get around it.

coachdan32

Thank you both for the help. The users can hardly remember CTRL-C to copy I do not think it will be a problem. I think it is more of breaking the habbit. I tried it and it is working great on the test model I hope it works as well in the production model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back