Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block my internal Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateRD25

MIS
Sep 17, 2007
US
I need to block my internal caller ID so when I can another phone in-house it will restrict my extension but display my name. Here is what I have.

Partition - Nate_PT
Translation Pattern
Translation Pattern: 3104​
Partition: Nate_PT​
CSS: What do I need in here?​
I then have Calling Line ID Presentation set to Restricted​

CSS - Nate_CSS
Access to Nate_PT​
MainPhones (This is where all of my in-house extensions live so I can call them​

I then went to my phone and gave my phone CSS of Nate_CSS. I also changed Directory Number Settings CSS to Nate_CSS. So by this logic my phone can only dial numbers in house. However, when I can another internal number my caller ID is not restricted.

What am I missing?
Thanks

Are you trying to block one number from seeing your internal caller ID or an entire range?

All phones that are in my building. I only want to push my name to the called phone.

You cannot hide your internal DN. You can block them from being able to call you back using calling search space restrictions, or you can mask it with another number that when they call back goes somewhere else. eg, an admin assistant, auto attendant, another phone, etc.

Wouldn't I mask it through a translation pattern? If I could mask it I should be able to restrict it.

You actually can block the caller ID. I've done it too show unknown when calling from a device that I setup.

Your translation Pattern has to include your entire internal dialing plan. For example 82[16]XXXX. So this pattern would block my caller ID when calling any 821XXXX or 826XXXX internal. We have CSSpaces that are assigned for Local, LD, & International. Basically copy the one that you need for the privilege of the phone that requires caller ID block and just add the Nate_PT pattern you created. Now, from the line level perspective. Select the Nate_PT and under your CSS, select the new CSS that you copied and added the Nate_PT to. Leave your Display (Caller ID) empty as well as the ASCII Display Empty. Alerting as well! Now, do you need voicemail service on this line? Cause if you do? Voicemail works off of CallerID and you'll need a translation pattern to make that work!

Man you make it sound easy, but I can't make it work. Here is what I have

Translation
31XX​
Nate_Partition​
Calling Search Space should be?​
Restricted for Calling Name/Calling Line ID​

Nate_CSS
Nate_Partition​
MainPhones​
- I can call the phones in my facility

The only thing that lives in the Nate_Partition is the Translation pattern. I also put my phone in the Nate_CSS and my extension still lives in the MainPhones CSS. I also have my Directory Number Settings CSS to Nate_CSS as well. I did remove the Alerting Name and the ASCII name as well. I think I didn't forget anything.

Im not to worried about voicemail at this point.

Ok so I got it to work but only when I have the whole pattern. For example, when I have 8xxx in for my translation it doesn't work, but if I have 8530 as my translation pattern it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back