Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Merger in Infoview Webi 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonBOCR

Technical User
Nov 20, 2008
US
Hey
I am making a report in which there are two blocks(Tables). One block comes from one universe and another block comes from other universe (query2). Both Block has the same column but the different data. I need to merge these two blocks such a way that as soon as the first block data (row) ends, second block data starts from the next row. I hope I made it clear enough for you to understand the problem.
Now, If I simply put the block2 right below the block 1, it will be a problem as if the number of row in block 1 is more then the initial row of the block 2 will not be seen as it will be behind the block1.
Please respond because I really have to rush here and I find hard times to solve it.
Thanks,

You can set the position of block 2 to be relative to block 1 so that it starts wherever block 1 ends, no matter how many rows are in block 1.

- Select block 2 and go to its Properties tab.
- Open the Page Layout section.
- Click on the elipse button (...) to the right of the "Relative Position" entry.
- Set this to 0 px from the left of Block 1 and 0 px from the bottom of Block 1, then click on OK.

I just tested this in my XI 3.1 dev environment and it works.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back