Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block mail sent by someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngJoo

Programmer
May 14, 2002
MY
Hi,

could anyone give me advise on can exchange 2K block mail sent by someone?

i hope the mail that being filtered in stored on a folder.so that i can browser throught before i sent it to users.

recently i encountered a problem which is a outsider used to send a mail to disturb some of my users.

i can't trace who does this. the only i can do is to filter all his mail.

Please advise.if exchange 2K cant perform this, kindly let me know.or u have any better idea?

Yes, Exchange can do this.
In System Manager, Expand Global Settings. Right-click Message Delivery and choose properties. Go to the Filters tab, and enter the address of the person you want to filter....

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

How about if you want to block all emails from a specific domain, is their a wild card you can put in there to do that?

Yes, it should be the same place. I'm not in front of a server now, but I think you either put just *@domain.com or just domain.com....

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back