Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block inbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novicefiction

IS-IT--Management
Dec 5, 2005
US
I have a Mitel switch that I am using at an MDU. How do I block incoming calls to a particular DID, with out physically disconnecting or removing DID from switch?

Use Class of Service to set it as a non-DID extension. Thereafter it can do anything any other extension can do except receive DID calls.

On any Mitel that I know of. if the DID does not have a valid termination point the system will reject the call. If you have an SX200 form 19 might route undefined DID's to a difined location. On the 3300/sx2000 it might follow an invalid routing point if difined.

Future reference, it's helpful to mention the type of PBX you have, type of trunking Pri, Analog, T1 and also tell us why you want to do this.

actually if the switch is a 200 of any kind Mitelinmyblood is right on the money with denying it in the cos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back