Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block inbound caller using CLI info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulima

Technical User
May 28, 2010
CA
Anyone that could point me in the right direction on how to block an abusive caller by using its CLI info?

System Hipath 4000 ver 4

If you have AMO documentation, see AMO CLIMA. I am not near my notes at this moment, so I cannot provide specifics, but with the Calling Line ID Manipulation feature you can block or allow or re-route incoming calls. You will need to identify (in advance) all trunk circuits that may receive the calls to be manipulated, and add several new classmarks to the COT for those trunk circuits. The config process is a bit odd, as you'll need to borrow some table storage space from AMO LDPLN. You will definitely need to perform some testing to verify that the manipulation is working properly.
If no one else posts, I will clarify some specifics soon.
Note: this was a V5 feature. Is it working on V4?

Thanks for the reply, we are running rel 4, looking at the docs it looks like rel 4 does not support this feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back