Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Direct Long Distance Calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roomi008

Technical User
Feb 19, 2007
US
We have 8 analog lines, 40 extensions and the system is in hybrid mode. We have a long distance and international calling on all the lines. The cost is very less if we dial "1019898" number first and then the international number. So, my company want to block the direct dialling of long distance calls but it should be able to dial out if the person first dials out "1019898" and then the long distance number.

Can you please suggest me how can I implement this?

How about adding the 1019898 to the added digits in the international table?

Hi TouchToneTommy,I am not an expert in this. Can you please let me know how can we do this?

Well, I don't want you to screw something up, and cause you not to be able to make calls. But, if you are programming from WinSPM, first so a print of your ARS tables.

Menu
System Program
Start (or Exit)
Next Page (page up button)
Print
Next Page
ARS
All (if you get a choice of Individual or All)
Give it a Name
Enter

Look at the print out. If there are no custom routes, you will just see the default Toll, Local, Dial 0, and N11 tables. If that is true, create table 1 with 011 as the entry, 70 as the pool, and 1019898 as the added digits.

Menu
System Program
Start (or Exit)
Tables
ARS
ARS Input
1 (for Table 1)
Enter
Area Code
Enter
1 (for Entry 1)
Enter
Sub A Pools
11 (for Table 1/Route 1)
Enter
Enter
Sub A Digit
Enter
11 (for Table 1/Route 1)
Enter

That should do it!

Print your ARS tables again, and you should now see table 1 added.

Hi TouchToneTommy,It worked. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back