Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block All External Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

26thPair

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
Hello, All and Happy Holidays!

- Please forgive the offense for those that do not participate.

I need some help. I need to block the ability for my users to transfers calls externally off my switch. I just realized the other day ago that they were able to do this and this is a no, no and I need to stop it. Can anyone assist me in accomplishing this without having to go through everyones phone.

Meridian Option 11
T1-PRI

check the cdb prompts, i used to know that but prompt but not close to my manuals.. you can block it from the cdb, customer wide

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Merry Christmas...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, and Merry Christmas to you also.

Look in your LD 15 , Gate Opener is NET. For all the stuff around EXTT make it NO (that should end your trunk to trunk transfers) Can't remember all the prompts but there are 3 of them all close together.

MIKE

Call Forwarding all in LD 16 prompt for Call FOrward Restiction YES. There is also in LD a5 a prompt for number of digits for call forwarding, change it to limit you internal dialing capabilities.

MIKE

Unclear if the poster is saying "Call Forward" when they mean "Call Transfer"... but here are both answers:

To block CFW - Call Forward, the default teleset TN CLS CFXD is appropriate if all Trunk Routes are RCLS=EXT. LD15 CFTA should be set to NO to add a layer that restricts any CFW to Trunk Route Access codes

To block "all" external transfer can be unreasonable - to the Telecom administrator, for example. It can be selectively restricted bt TN using "FTOP" or Flexible Trunk to Trunk Connections. It cannot be activated without some thought though:

Code:
Use LD81 to find out the CLS of each phone (FTTR or FTTC) and identify those that may become restricted from completing external conference or transfer when FTOP is enabled.

You may need to change the phone TNs CLS to FTTU before you enable FTOP in the LD15 Customer Data block to avoid affecting users.  Note the LD81 printout will list all phone TNs in your system...you will want to capture the data to a file.  The following example shows what the printout will look like as well as TNs with a CLS you may need to change in your system

>LD 81

REQ...LST
CUST..0
DATE
PAGE
DES
FEAT..FTTR
FEAT..FTTC
FEAT

FTTR.....00.............TN..002 0 02 00......FTTR TNs will not be able
FTTR.....00.............TN..002 0 02 01......to conference or transfer
FTTR.....00.............TN..002 0 02 02......externally

FTTC.....00.............TN..052 0 04 09......FTTC TNs will be able to
FTTC.....00.............TN..052 0 05 11......conference externally, but
FTTC.....00.............TN..052 0 06 14......when they hang up, external
FTTC.....00.............TN..052 0 07 11......parties will disconnect from
FTTC.....00.............TN..052 0 08 11......each other

Code:
Enable FTOP

>LD 15
CDB000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 12694429....USED U P: 2555546 593352....TOT: 15843327
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 881 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1..(PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
REQ: CHG
TYPE: NET

TYPE NET_DATA
CUST 0
OPT
AC2
FNP
CLID
ISDN
..PNI
..PINX_DN
..HNPA
..HNXX
..HLOC
..LSC
..RCNT
..PSTN
..TNDM
..PCMC
..SATD
..OCLI
TRNX
EXTT
FTOP FTLY

(HIT RETURN UNTIL YOU REACH "REQ")

At this point, the phone CLS FTTC/FTTR/FTTU becomes active at controlling trunk to trunk connections.

I "think" EXTT only applies to calls an internal user initiates alone. In other words, I call Destination "A" and then TRN/AO6 a second call to Destination "B" ... then drop off in hopes of their remaining bridged to each other.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back