Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block Active X on Browser Preview (~!@#$%^&*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
US
Hello again...

Whenever I attempt to preview web page design changes in my browser (IE7), the Block Active X header appears at the top of the browser window...warning me about possible malicious content...asking me to click for options...& then giving me the option to allow blocked content (which I always opt for, since I'm attempting to see what my design changes look like in Internet Explorer). It does this EVERY TIME !!!

This only happens w/ my browser while working inside Dreamweaver (MX 2004). For normal, daily, regular ol' web surfin' activities...it doesn't happen.

How can I eliminate this when working in Dreamweaver? (as it is very annoying, to say the least).

Thanks,

rat of the biggliest

Get rid of ActiveX controls? That also has the advantage that you site will be usable by the other 30% of your audience.

Steam Engine Prints

Is it an 'Active X' warning or an 'Active Content' warning (which is typically generated by JavaScript content).

If the latter, it is caused by default browser settings blocking JavaScript from running on the local machine.

See Enable Active Content - IE warning message for ways to disable this. (If you think that's a good idea for you.)

This only happens w/ my browser while working inside Dreamweaver (MX 2004).
I suspect it would would also occur if you open the the local html file on your pc.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Is it an 'Active X' warning or an 'Active Content' warning (which is typically generated by JavaScript content). If the latter, it is caused by default browser settings blocking JavaScript from running on the local machine. See 'Enable Active Content' - IE warning message for ways to disable this.
That was it. Fix worked...thanks much,

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back