Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Block a Specific Inbound ANI with R7 PRI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline

Technical User
Oct 14, 2001
US
Just wondering if you can block a specific number ANI from calling into the system ?
A telemarketing fax machine has been calling 20 times per day to my location and we cannot reach the owner of the line number.
So, if ex:888-555-1234 calls in, I'd like to route that number directly to a busy signal.
I looked through the docs but don't see a reference.
Merlin Legend R7.

Thanks.

I don't think that the Legend or Magix can do that.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

No, unfortunately Avaya never finished the PRI software for the Legend/Magix. It is very incomplete!!

I would suggest using a fax modem with the machine as backup, that way you can just delete the junk files, and not waste any paper. Set the machine to answer 2 rings more than the fax modem. That way, it only answers if the PC fails.

....JIM....

Welcome back merlinman!!!!!

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

No, there not sending the caller ID as digits, it's being routed to DNIS. This machine is calling the main number.
We're dealing with it, we've found out who owns the line, a telemarketer in Mass. and we are contacting them.

Thanks for all the input though.

Merry Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back