Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blob fields aren't displaying contents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCCRookie

Technical User
Jul 3, 2007
US
Crystal XI product Version 11.0.0.1282
SQL DB
ODBC Connection
Data type is picture

Blob field in this instance contains text but could contain a .jpg, .xls, .pdf, .msg file depending on the record being viewed.

I have opened the text file in the client-server application so I know there is text in the text file. My blob field doesn't show anything. The data type is picture.
What could I be doing wrong?

Blob files need to contain a valid image type. So JPG are okay, but txt is TEXT, not an image. Likewise, XLS, PDF, etc are not images to display in a picture field.

You could take the txt dtaa and load it into a memo field and display that.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Thanks for your response. I eventually attributed the problem in the report to fact that there wasn't any qualifying blob file to display. The record selection in the report was limiting the return and the customer did not have qualifying data. The report worked just fine once I figured that one out. In any case the information you provided was enlightening and helpful for future reference.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back