Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Blinking Text in 2.6 for Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohbe

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2001
US
How do I make text blink in 2.6 for Windows on a form. In the old days it was SET COLOR TO (*) - do certain fonts have that capability?

Thanks,
Jean

Sorry, you're out of luck. There is no inherent blinking text in windows at all.
The only way you can make text blink is to change the color in a loop:
Code:
FOR zzz = 1 TO 100
   IF zzz % 2 = 0   &&... even
      @ 1,1 say 'TEST TEXT' color Rgb(128,0,0) &&... red
   ELSE 
      @ 1,1 say 'TEST TEXT' color Rgb(0,0,0)  &&... black
   ENDIF 
   WAIT WINDOW TIMEOUT .5
NEXT

-Dave S.-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Jean,
The blinking in DOS was actually handled by the monitor's hardware. Windows "protects" you from writing directly to the hardware.

Rick

Thanks, guess I'll just have to dump Windows and either go back to CPM or can we say Linux. :)

Jean

RG, is that the reason FPD will blink in full-screen mode but not in a DOS window? Is the DOS window effectively intrisic to WinXP (or whatever) and the box not?

I get other weirdness in a DOS window, like reduced brightness and slow cursor operation. Any idea how to rectify this?

" guess I'll just have to dump Windows and either go back to CPM"

I'll assume that you are joking.

There are other screen attributes available to a FPW screen that should more than make up for the lack of a blinking font.

You can use:
* Different font styles
* Different size fonts
* Different font characteristics
Bold, Underline, Italicized
* Colored Fonts (Pen Color)
* Different Text Box colors in the background (Fill Color)

Good Luck,

JRB-Bldr
VisionQuest Consulting
Business Analyst & CIO Consulting Services
CIOServices@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back